TALK TO TRAPPERS PRIOR TO CLAY SHOOT GIVEN BY PERSON IN CHARGE
ITEMS TO BE INCORPORATED IN TALK INCLUDING DEMONSTRATION OF TRAPS TO BE USED:
- Ensure that the trapping position is well protected so that there will be no penetration of shot.
- Make sure trappers have suitable clothing and footwear that will not catch. Safety helmet, safety glasses, red flag, whistle, hearing protection (correct type to enable him to hear “pull”).
- Ensure the trapper is fit and strong enough to work the trap.
- Clays to be on correct side of trap and not catch trap area.
- Use correct hand, from correct side over the trap arm when loading clay.
- With double traps place lower clay in double arm first with correct hand them place upper clay with correct hand. Do not use both hands to load both clays together.
- Remove hand.
- Remember flight path and how to adjust clay.
- Do not leave a trap loaded or cocked.
- Never let any shooter see you.
- Use flag or whistle or both if any problems.
- “Stay put” do not leave trap until you are collected
- Loading – blow whistle and ensure no one is shooting on your stand or adjacent stands.
- Ensure trap is un-cocked and turned off. Keep button with you.
- Same person to place clays in magazine. Not two people.
- Ensure trap un-cocked when finished with.
Traps must be checked by safety officer before trappers use them.